Sunday 18 January 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken

Hey! 

Last night, I thought I would experiment in the kitchen. I have been baking for years but have continued to dislike cooking. Baking is a science! Everything is calculated around the fat level, liquids and dry ingredients. It is precise and mixing things up can cause the end product to be too dry or not cook all the way through. Cooking is every subjective and less calulated, therefore incredibly intimidating to me. 

As I am trying to change how I eat, I need to be trying new things. So I pulled out some chicken and thought I would throw some things together. 

I added 3 tablespoons of soya sauce, 1 tablespoon of honey, 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.


I then added in 4 cloves of garlic and whisked together.


I added the chicken breasts to a glass dish and poured the sauce over. 


I baked them at 350 degrees celcius for 35 minutes. 


Once done cooking, I serve it with quinoa and salad. 


It turned out moist, delicious and I will definitely be making this again! I am also going to continue experimenting with cooking! 

I entered the recipe into My Fitness Pal and is calculated 277 calories for 1 piece!! (This will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast). 

Hope you give it a try and tag me over on Instagram if you do! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Stephanie 




No comments:

Post a Comment